Audit Team Manager #52630
Our client requires an Audit Team Manager to support the internal audit department by overseeing and conducting information technology engagements and providing recommendations/advice to improve Alberta Blue Cross’s governance, risk management and control processes.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Plan, coordinate and execute a portfolio of audits focused on information technology systems, applications and processes.
- Act as project manager on several concurrent engagements by providing oversight on projects, performing quality assurance review and ensuring the engagement complies with standards and guidelines.
- Discuss findings with management constructively and develop appropriate, proportionate and value-add recommendations/advice to mitigate risks.
- Present, in writing and verbally, the audit reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Monitor the status of management’s implementation of outstanding recommendations.
- Perform data analytics in support of other engagements.
- Contribute to the development of the department’s strategic, operational and annual risk-based audit plans.
- Develop and maintain positive and effective relationships with stakeholders.
- Hire, train and evaluate staff.
- Empower, mentor and coach individuals and create/facility a positive team work environment.
Skills & Knowledge Include:
- University degree in a related field (e.g. business, computer science) and certification as a Chartered Professional Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor and/or Certified Information Systems Auditor.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible professional experience in audit, finance, accounting, administration, statistics, computer science, or a related area. Audit experience is required.
- Knowledge of auditing standards and practices, including IT frameworks. Knowledge of traditional IT disciplines (applications, operations, infrastructure and management).
- Demonstrated strength in planning, organizing and delegating.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with strong skills in verbal and written communication.
- Exceptional communication skills
Job Posting ID: 52630AUDITMGR
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Starting Date: Negotiable
Duration: 1 year contract
Posting Closing Date: