Corporate Communications Officer #52633
Our client requires a Corporate Communications Officer to lead and assist with the planning and execution of a wide variety of communications initiatives for both internal and external audiences. These include print and online materials, advertising campaigns, presentations and special events. They will support and promote social media engagement for the organization and proactively look for opportunities to improve their social media presence.
The communications officer is required to work under tight deadlines and changing priorities, carrying several projects at once—both independently and under the supervision of others—and may occasionally be required to work extended hours to meet deadlines.
Skills & Knowledge Include:
- University degree in communications or a degree plus a diploma in Public Relations.
- Minimum of three years of relevant professional experience.
- Proven organizational, project management, time management and multitasking abilities.
- Strong writing and presentation abilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High detail orientation.
- High level of resourcefulness and creativity.
- High level of professionalism and service orientation.
- Proficiency in software including Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of social media tools, trends and capabilities.
- Display an understanding of online marketing, blogs and social media analytics.
- Understanding of graphic and web design (along with related technologies) is an asset.
- Understanding of current events, government and the health-care industry are definite assets.
- Professional membership in CPRS or IABC is preferred.
- High level of proficiency with the English language (both written and spoken).
Job Posting ID: 52633COMMOFFICER
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Starting Date: Negotiable
Duration: 1 year contract
Posting Closing Date: