Sr. Business Analyst (Investment) #52691
Our client requires a Senior Business Analyst (Investment) to join their team for multiple concurrent initiatives. Any experience with TIBCO, Eagle, Calypso, and/or Charles River Trading System (CRTS) would be considered an asset.
- implementation of multi-asset class enterprise risk system providing cloud offering with data gathered using SOA model;
- remediation exercise migrating point-to-point system integration interfaces to a publisher-subscriber model; and
- operational enhances to improve and remediate the runbook, implement new investment products and onboard new products.
Remote and telecommute option maybe available.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Provide comprehensive technical, analytical and consultative services to implement of various projects for Investment management system.
- Setting up of new financial instruments for front office.
- Business workflow optimization projects.
- Investment management system upgrades.
- Multiple enhancements related to the Investment management systems.
- Understand and document business processes (as-is and to-be).
- Develop use cases and user stories.
- Gather and document business requirements.
- Create and maintain requirements traceability.
- Work with systems analysts to translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Create test strategies, test data and develop and execute test cases.
- 5 years demonstrated business analyst experience with the investment management or investment banking organization.
- 7 years demonstrated ability to identify and translate high level, conceptual user requirements into specifications of business requirements to guide development activities.
- 5 years demonstrated experience throughout the different phases of the project management methodologies: Waterfall, Iterative or Agile.
- 5 years demonstrated experience in a role from which strong operational knowledge with a broad, enterprise-wide view of investment management industry including experience in front, middle and back office processing.
- 5 years demonstrated experience developing and defining a common understanding of the organization to align strategic objectives and tactical demands explicitly around financial application projects.
- 5 years demonstrated experience in a role in which exceptional people skills and the ability to work with others to meet the objectives was required.
- 5 years demonstrated ability to work with and organize all stakeholders in large projects including business people at all levels, vendors, vendor resources and other personnel from diverse backgrounds.
- 5 years demonstrated expertise in working with teams to guide, mentor and disseminate knowledge and techniques to others for short term as well as longer term effectiveness. This assumes a high degree of expertise in tools and frameworks used to analyze business requirements.
- 5 years demonstrated experience in a role which required a detail-oriented and analytical approach to any or all of the following: problem solving, and research, root cause analysis.
- 5 years demonstrated experience in a role which required an advanced user level of MS Office products such as Excel and Visio.
- 2 years demonstrated experience in a role which required knowledge of database technologies or service oriented architecture.
Job Posting ID: 52691BA
Location: Edmonton, Alberta; Remote; or Telecommute
Starting Date: Feb, 2018
Duration: Up to Dec 31, 2020 + 2 pos. 1-year extensions
Posting Closing Date: January 24, 2018