Sr. GIS Web Developer #52649
Our client requires a Senior GIS Web Developer to join the GIS development team to produce GIS maps and layers for the project that will implement a real time situational awareness capability using the ESRI platform to integrate multiple data sources into a single geospatial view. The contractor is expected to provide technical expertise and will be asked to help design and build complex mapping interfaces.
- 5 years’ experience in Python script development.
- 5 years’ experience with ArcGIS for Server and Desktop applications, including extensions
- 5 years’ experience developing and deploying geospatial web applications, including geoprocessing, vector, map, and imagery services.
- 3 years’ experience in ArcPy.
- 2 years’ experience with Portal for ArcGIS or ArcGIS Online with the ability to develop custom web-based GIS applications and widgets using Web AppBuilder, ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS on-line.
- 1 year experience with ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise 10.5
- 7 years’ experience in understanding business goals and translating them into requirements for IT solutions.
- 7 years’ experience communicating with staff at all levels within an organization
- 5 years demonstrated experience with Enterprise Geodatabases on Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with metadata models and standards
- Must pass enhanced security clearance requirements.
- Required to work onsite in Edmonton.
- GIS architecture experience would be a significant asset.
- Experience with preparations of reports, technical application manuals, software operations and maintenance documentation.
- Experience working with FME
- ESRI Web Developer technical certification
- Experience with mobile or tablet development
- Experience developing critical, large data management environments and integrating with complex custom and COTS software
- Experience with a Police or Public Safety organization would be a significant asset.
- Candidates should demonstrate commitment in, and the knowledge of, current and emerging GIS technologies.
Job Posting ID: 52649GISWEBDEV
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Starting Date: January, 2018
Duration: Till Dec 31, 2018 + pos. extensions
Posting Closing Date: