Sr. System Analyst (Java and J2EE) #52632
Our client requires a Senior System Analyst that specializes in J2EE and/or Oracle ADF. This position will analyze business requirements; perform design, development, support and documentation activities in a J2EE application environment
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Analyzes application problems and recommends modifications.
- Designs and builds custom pages for various business units.
- Produces and maintains program code and documentation.
- Designs and builds application components based on user requirements.
- Prepares functional specifications for user sign-off.
- Performs systems testing with internal clients. Provide support during various phases of testing.
- Prepares Operations instructions for the execution of application programs.
- Reviews requirements with the users and provides time estimates for task completion.
- Coach and mentor less experienced developers.
- Lead and facilitate design meetings.
Skills & Knowledge Include:
- A Computer Systems Technology diploma from a Technical Institute.
- Completion of Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) would be considered an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an Oracle environment using J2EE and/or Oracle ADF.
- Demonstrated proficiency in written communication.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn business applications.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good customer service and communication skills.
- Must be comfortable interacting with clients.
- Demonstrated project leadership expertise would be highly beneficial.
Job Posting ID: 52632JAVA
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Starting Date: Negotiable
Duration: 1 year contract
Posting Closing Date: